Blogging the Past - SaltSpring Apple Fest (October 1, 2006)
For those that got my last email - sorry I copied a post I did previously ... none of you want to hear about my knitting, I know. And still, maybe none of you want to hear about Apple Fest but oh well here are all the sordid details anyway ...
On Sunday, Ocotber 1st my friend Jen and I drove and took the ferry over to Salt Spring Island for the annual Apple Festival.
Jen kindly let me use her very nice digital camera freely so I got to take tons of photos - being liberated from film was very nice.

Fulford Hall was filled with people and apples - hundreds of varieties were displayed on these tables, look at all that colour! Here we enjoyed apple (orange cox) and apple raspberry pie for breakfast - delicious!

Every apple variety grown on the island was on display at the hall - here is a tiny wild apple displayed in a blue naglene bottle of course.
Then we went on, following the map, to visit orchards and farms in search of tasty treats. We headed to Moonstruck Cheese, where was saw this very cool Parking sign (udder & all) and I purchased some blue cheese for my dad hoping it will keep until Christmas.

We then met up with Jeremi, Julia, Julia's parents Joy and Bob and Julia's Bubba, Julie - we all headed to Bright Farm where they have 350 varieties of apples, pears, plums and cherries as part of a preservation orchard and were given a tour by the owner. I purchased some Alexander apples which are the apples I grew up with in my grandparent's orchard. Sadly, it is now October 14th and I have yet to make anything tasty with these apples . . .


We then headed to the next stop where we saw some beautiful pottery and more tasty apples. It wasn't hard, but I was able to convince myself to purchase this beautiful butter dish made by Judy Weeden. I love it.

All in all, it was a beautiful sunny day and we had a fabulous time tasting apples and buying lots of treats (well mostly that was me, treated myself to a skirt and a shirt too - from Thailand - had to get them and plan to take them back for a visit when I meet Bruce there later this winter!).
Well that's the update on that West Coast Adventure - here is the album of all the fun!
More 'Blogging in the Past' posts to come - stay tuned for such exciting episodes as: Bruce and Brandy Visit Courtenay and Narrowly Avert Extinction on a Firey Train Wreck; Brandy Turns 29 and Hosts a Trailer Park Party; Bruce, Brandy & Friends Dress in Smelly Old Clothes Worn By Thousands of Others For the Sake of a Cool Old Sepia Photo and many, many more adventures!
On Sunday, Ocotber 1st my friend Jen and I drove and took the ferry over to Salt Spring Island for the annual Apple Festival.
Jen kindly let me use her very nice digital camera freely so I got to take tons of photos - being liberated from film was very nice.

Fulford Hall was filled with people and apples - hundreds of varieties were displayed on these tables, look at all that colour! Here we enjoyed apple (orange cox) and apple raspberry pie for breakfast - delicious!

Every apple variety grown on the island was on display at the hall - here is a tiny wild apple displayed in a blue naglene bottle of course.
Then we went on, following the map, to visit orchards and farms in search of tasty treats. We headed to Moonstruck Cheese, where was saw this very cool Parking sign (udder & all) and I purchased some blue cheese for my dad hoping it will keep until Christmas.

We then met up with Jeremi, Julia, Julia's parents Joy and Bob and Julia's Bubba, Julie - we all headed to Bright Farm where they have 350 varieties of apples, pears, plums and cherries as part of a preservation orchard and were given a tour by the owner. I purchased some Alexander apples which are the apples I grew up with in my grandparent's orchard. Sadly, it is now October 14th and I have yet to make anything tasty with these apples . . .


We then headed to the next stop where we saw some beautiful pottery and more tasty apples. It wasn't hard, but I was able to convince myself to purchase this beautiful butter dish made by Judy Weeden. I love it.

All in all, it was a beautiful sunny day and we had a fabulous time tasting apples and buying lots of treats (well mostly that was me, treated myself to a skirt and a shirt too - from Thailand - had to get them and plan to take them back for a visit when I meet Bruce there later this winter!).
Well that's the update on that West Coast Adventure - here is the album of all the fun!
More 'Blogging in the Past' posts to come - stay tuned for such exciting episodes as: Bruce and Brandy Visit Courtenay and Narrowly Avert Extinction on a Firey Train Wreck; Brandy Turns 29 and Hosts a Trailer Park Party; Bruce, Brandy & Friends Dress in Smelly Old Clothes Worn By Thousands of Others For the Sake of a Cool Old Sepia Photo and many, many more adventures!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home