Bruce's Adventures in India
As I mentioned in my previous post, Bruce spent some time in Goa, India around the end of October. Here are two photos he sent via email, and some of his commentary.

The one is a market where people are selling clothes and shoes, really just about anyhting. And as soon as they see you coming they are all over you. You're white, so you got money and lots of it. About his snappy haircut, Bruce says: The haircut was awesome . . . it was great, got a massage and everything for like 4 dollars.

The other one is about 50m ahead. It's a vegetable market, with all kinds of exotic fruit and veggies. Most of it I had seen before, but as you can see there was one for sure I had no idea. The shop keeper told us, but it was in Indian so no chance pronouncing it. And right beside the veggie market was the fish market. Where you could get anything you wanted even little sharks. The floor was wet with fish sliminess and guts. And the pick your goat and chicken shops; where they slaughter them right in front of you. Each butcher had a very large wooden block for the makeshift guillotine.
While Bruce was in India, I had a good visit with my mom. We packed lots of stuff into her 10 day visit including a trip to meet Bruce's parents in Armstrong and a trip to Quadra Island to visit friends of ours who farm shellfish on the coast. I'll post links to the photos as soon as I get some captions on them so you know what the heck you're looking at.

The one is a market where people are selling clothes and shoes, really just about anyhting. And as soon as they see you coming they are all over you. You're white, so you got money and lots of it. About his snappy haircut, Bruce says: The haircut was awesome . . . it was great, got a massage and everything for like 4 dollars.

The other one is about 50m ahead. It's a vegetable market, with all kinds of exotic fruit and veggies. Most of it I had seen before, but as you can see there was one for sure I had no idea. The shop keeper told us, but it was in Indian so no chance pronouncing it. And right beside the veggie market was the fish market. Where you could get anything you wanted even little sharks. The floor was wet with fish sliminess and guts. And the pick your goat and chicken shops; where they slaughter them right in front of you. Each butcher had a very large wooden block for the makeshift guillotine.
While Bruce was in India, I had a good visit with my mom. We packed lots of stuff into her 10 day visit including a trip to meet Bruce's parents in Armstrong and a trip to Quadra Island to visit friends of ours who farm shellfish on the coast. I'll post links to the photos as soon as I get some captions on them so you know what the heck you're looking at.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home