So Much Hope!
There is a lot (and I don't even know the half of it!) going on here, not the least of which is returning from vacation (yes, it was very nice, thank you!) and Bruce's return in 22 days and counting (yay!).
All of this, and everything else that is going on, gives me all kinds of hope. The flowers are blooming in Victoria - daffodils, crocus, snow bells, cherries! - and the sun is shining. AND, 'tis the season of the charity walk and run and this year I want to raise so much $$$ to fight MS and CF. So much! Like $2,000 between them and I'm starting right now.
The CF Walk website is not up and running yet (don't worry, I'll let you know when it is!) but to start, my goal is to raise $1,000 between now and April 15th ... think you can help me get there? I do! And that's where the hope comes from, because I turn hope into reality every chance I get and you are a huge part of my hope. So, let's make it happen!
This is the third year we are walking in the Super Cities Walk for MS. Every year we walk for Bruce's mom Daphne and in 2 years of participating in the walk, Bruce and I have raised over $1,400 to support research and treatment programs which we hope will someday mean that Daphne won't have to deal with MS on a daily basis.
Start line 2006!
We couldn't have done this without the support of our friends and family who have so generously pledged us over the past 2 years - thank you! This year it is our goal to get an even bigger team out for the walk/run and to double last year's fundraising total of $1,216 to raise $2,432!
Please join us and become a member of Daphne's Dashers. On Sunday, April 15th we'll be out walking or running the beautiful 6km ocean side route in Oak Bay and we'd love to have you there! The more people, the more fun and the more $$ to fight MS!If you can't join us in raising our goal as a team, please consider pledging us to help us reach our goal!
I've started the ball rolling and pledged myself, but that is totally allowed and legit and hey now I've raised 8% of my $1,000 goal! (The $30 pledge was my first try - the $50 pledge my 2nd so now I'm at $80!) If you would like to donate and help me reach my goal, click
here or drop us a line at:
Bruce Cayford & Brandy Patterson
2310 Fernwood Rd.
Victoria, BC V8T 2Z5
& please make cheques payable to MS Society - Super Cities Walk for MS.
Thank you for helping to fight MS!!
Brandy & Bruce
Labels: MS Walk

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home