Saturday, July 07, 2007

Brandy's Canada Day Adventure

And I almost forgot - I ran my first 10k race on Canada Day!
I ran in the Hbc Run for Canada. Click on that link to see my official results or read them here: I was 167 out of the 254 people who ran the race. I was 50 out of 69 for my age category (sniff - my last possible year to run in the Female 19-29 category - sniff!) and I ran it in 1 hour 3 min and 11 sec which meant I ran a 6 min 20 sec kilometre ; ) I was pretty proud since we did a practice run the week before and I ran it just under 1 hr & 8 min and plus, after the finish line we got medals too!


Here I am running past the Olympic Mountains on Dallas road - just past the half way point and past the 'killer' hill on the course - photos courtesy of team cheerleaders!







Here's our team, Victoria's Next Top Runners: L-R Tomiko "Fire Legs" Marton, Sharon "Train 'em Hard" Caldwell, Shawn "Give it Your All While Making a Funny Face" Watson and me (Brandy "I Ran Faster than I Thought" Patterson)!

Me & my biggest cheerleader!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home