Thursday, March 08, 2007

And on another note ...

I heard from Bruce tonight and they will pull into Dutch Harbour tomorrow - 5,000 people live in that town. Should be a great surprise for them to see about 250 sailors pull in, all tanned and looking for beer. I only mention the tans because that's all you'll see since most of them do not have a stitch of winter clothing with them for the -15C weather.

Originally the plan was to have them return home via Hawaii so you can imagine there has been some grumbling on the ship about this port visit - not to mention the general irritability of most (if not all) crew members at this point, being just over a week away from HOME!

Things here this week have been busy (when are they not? still trying to deal with that one!). The lists of things to do at work keep growing so that is still busy. Monday and Tuesday I actually got to stay home all evening which is great considering I have a lot of tidying and cleaning to do before Bruce comes home ; ) and then last night I headed to a friends down the street for a delicious, massive Korean feast - all made by Jeremi himself and enjoyed by all! The meal was complete with a selection of Korean wines including ginseng wine, rice wine, mushroom wine and ginseng liquor (very strong stuff!). I enjoyed the rice and mushroom wines the most. Very tasty.

Tonight was my monthly CF meeting night and there is lots going on there. I am very much looking forward to coming to Cornwall at the end of April for the Foundation's Annual General Meeting - this means I will get to see lots of family in Ontario during the visit and it will be the semi-annual energizer that a meeting like that, filled with so many inspirational, motivated and energetic people, always means to me - I can't wait!

Well I've got a huge to-do list after my meetings tonight ... I'm thinking I might grab a snack and dive into a few of them and then, maybe sleep ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home