Hot Fun in the Summer Time!
Recognize the table cloth Nana? I think that used to be on the table in the downstairs bathroom that held the towels for the pool ; )
And a lovely shot of our wares:
Ruffled baby blankets, baby hats and a felted bag - oh my!
The waning evening light in the square - my business cards/price tags in my favourite turquoise Melmac tea cup ($0.10 steal at Keady Market!)
And another shot to give you a sense of this little market and the very cool square it is set up in. We live in a fairly old 'suburban' (in its day) neighbourhood in what would now be considered downtown Victoria. The square used to be the terminal where one of the street car tracks used to end and where the car would turn around to do its run between downtown and Fernwood. Now it is a very small pedestrian way with shops along one side (one of which is owned by our new neighbour) and a converted church turned theatre on the other. It is admittedly a pretty cool spot and while the market is only in its second year it was a pretty happening spot tonight.
In other news, little Emma Kingston (the daughter of my friend Wyatt who I went to high school with and shared many a car ride back and forth between Peterborough and home and many other place), who just turned 1 year old on April 23, 2007, needs daily blood transfusions because of a blood disorder which is affecting her immune system. I've set up a challenge on Facebook to see just how much blood we can all donate in just one month (if anyone has any ideas of how to actually track that I'd be interested to hear). Visit www.blood.ca or call 1 888 2 DONATE to set up an appointment. Lots of positive thoughts going out to Wyatt and Kerrie.
Also, this morning we received a very exciting phone call from Mark to let us know Amy had given birth to another, by all reports, adorable boy named Issac David at 7:15 am this morning. Mark called and was leaving a phone message on our answering machince just as I was running back into the house to grab my watch and I excitedly picked up the phone and caught him in time to hear all the details! Amazingly, the whole family was home and resting nicely by this afternoon - guess the hospital didn't have air conditioning and things were much cooler at home - I bet having Aunt Jane, mid wife in training, there helped too! Congrats guys! Can't wait to meet him ; )

1 Comments:
Hey,
Don’t know how you’d keep a totally accurate track of the blood thing, but you can mark me down; I’m heading to the blood clinic on Monday. (For all of you wimps out there: it doesn’t take long and you get cookies and juice, as well as a feeling of general well being afterwards. I mean this in the least insulting way possible; I am a huge wimp and it took one of my friends needing a blood transfusion to get me in to donate my first time. Then I realized “Hey, even a wimp like me can handle this!”).
Been trying to train myself to not carry a “just in case” sweater around at night. Two successful voyages have been made so far.
Kirstin
Post a Comment
<< Home